AnsweredAssumed Answered

Choice buttons in edit mode

Question asked by sarahk on Jun 11, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 27, 2015 by shahrzad

Hi,

Apologies if this is a duplicate. I'm fairly new to Nintex, but couldn't find an answer to my problem on the site.

I have a bunch of choice fields as radio buttons. I can fill these in and submit the form just fine and I can the submissions fine in my list.

However when I go to edit the item (or to display item), none of my choice fields (or dropdowns) are filled in. If I then save it again without re-entering these, my previously saved values were overwritten.

Is there a way to have my chosen options appear in edit and display mode?

I have been looking at doing this with javascript, but I'm not quite there yet. I would like to avoid the javascript route however, as in total between all my forms I will have about 200 choice fields to do this for.

Not sure if it is relevant, but my form is built for an external content type/external list. I also only have Nintex Forms, not workflow.

Here's the javascript I'm using to set a button, but I'm missing the part where I get the value it was already set to (hard coded as "2" in this case)

NWF$('#' + mclCurriculumPlanning).find('input:radio[value="2"]').attr("checked","true")

Outcomes