AnsweredAssumed Answered

Updating several fields from another site list

Question asked by cmar on May 22, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 24, 2016 by kailashrg

Hi all,

I've been reading as many posts as I could for hours but the answers never match my problem:

I have a main list that contains all the necessary fields that are partially copied into several other lists in different sites.

What I want to do is when a user modifies one or several fields in his own site list, it updates the fields in the main list.

About 20 fields can be modified so I am updating all the fields in the same time whether they are filled or not (is there a better solution?).

Now, I created one same ID for the item that is copied in each list. But when I use the Update multiple items action, I get an error  "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Yet, I used the filter so it modifies the field when the item ID equals the main list item ID :

Sorry it is in French but I think you will understand.

I thought about creating a condition for each field but I don't like this solution.

I also thought about using the Call web service action but I am not handling well the web service and did not find complete documentation about it. My SDK doc file only shows me one method...

I hope I was clear enough, don't hesitate to tell me if you need more information. I am working on SharePoint 2010 with nintex workflow 2010.

Thanks!

Outcomes