AnsweredAssumed Answered

{WF_NAME} failed to start

Question asked by rejditsch on May 22, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2015 by rejditsch

Hi folks,

 

I'm quite desperate with an issue regarding Nintex WF 2013 and hope someone can give ma a hint.

 

We have a list workflow (started at item creation, state machine, run as workflow owner).

In the initial state, after some actions are done, an email will be generated, a SharePoint web service (/_vti_bin/Lists.asmx) will be called to get context items attachments and than permissions of the context item will be set.

It is configured to remove existing permissions and to give some groups (amongst others "workflow owner" as the state machine is executed as workflow owner) "full control" and some users used in the workflow "view only" permissions.

 

Okay, the workflow runs fine and do exactly what we want. But sometimes it an error occurs while changing the item permissions.

I thought may be the actions above will be executed in parallel and there is a timing problem, so I added "Commit pending changes" before changing item permissions, but the error still occurs sometimes.

 

We extracted from ULS log file entries related to the workflow instance id, get the correlation id and extracted everything we found. And in fact, there was an error, but I do not understand it. Here it comes:

 

(http://servername.com/sites/sitename/Lists/eDelRequests/NewForm.aspx?Source=/sites/sitename/Lists/eDelRequests/Mine.aspx&ContentTypeId=0x0100E470C44B4AB5C24C85FE8386D0C2615900C2123A2CD0D2284ABB3FFA6A89CB4D8B): Nintex.Workflow.NWException: Error getting context data for 'ContextItemDisplayName'. ---> System.Exception: Cannot find item with id 0 in list 'eDelRequests'. Check the user has at least read permissions. Current user: i:0#.w|domain\accountname. ---> System.ArgumentException: Item does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.GetItemById(String strId, Int32 id, String strRootFolder, Boolean cacheRowsetAndId, String strViewFields, Boolean bDatesInUtc, Boolean bExpandQuery) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPList.GetItemById(String strId, Int32 id, String strRootFolder, Boolean cacheRowsetAndId, String strViewFields, Boolean bDatesInUtc) at Nintex.Workflow.NWListWorkflowContext.FBs=() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Nintex.Workflow.NWListWorkflowContext.FBs=() at Nintex.Workflow.CommonDataItems.GetItemDisplayName() at Nintex.Workflow.CommonDataItems.GetValue(String key, ContextDataOptions options) at Nintex.Workflow.ListWorkflowType.GetContextItemDisplayName(NWWorkflowContext ctx) at Nintex.Workflow.NWWorkflowContext.Bhs=(ContextDataOptions Bxs=, Boolean CBs=) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- (Build:3061)

 

I still think there is an asynchronous task which collide with set permissions action, but don't know how to solve it. May be someone have an idea.

 

Thank you!

 

Anatoli

 

oh, sorry. it was Nintex WF 2013...

Outcomes