AnsweredAssumed Answered

Iterating through multiple collections at the same time

Question asked by jpinkney on May 10, 2015
Latest reply on May 12, 2015 by mlauer

Hello, I'm currently trying to develop a workflow that tracks data sheets and emails someone if they have expired (after 3 years) so they can update them. However, I've currently ran into a problem. What I'm currently trying to do is query the list and get all of the names of the documents as well as all of the data sheets dates but I have no way of iterating through both lists at the same time and then sending and email after each iteration. The reason why I need to iterate through both collections is that I need to first compare to see if it is expired and then if it is I need to email the name of the document to someone. Hopefully I'm clear enough but if I'm not here is a pseudo-code workflow of whats going on

1. querylist -> gets the name of the documents and the creation dates

2. for-each loop -> currently only running through creation date collection (unsure how to go through the name collection as well)

3. (in the loop) run if -> checks if the document is expired or not

4. (in the loop) email notification -> emails someone telling the document is expired (I can't get the name of the document)

There may be a simpler way of doing this but I'm very new to nintex so i'm not sure of all the tricks yet.

Outcomes