AnsweredAssumed Answered

Site last modified date

Question asked by bduenskie@archinsurance.com on May 5, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2015 by marcol

I'm looking to create a site level workflow which can run and tell me the last time an item has been modified on my site.  It doesn't matter whether it's a list item, or a document, basically I need to find out the last time the site had any content within it edited (the site's last modified date).  I've been searching around the web service methods but can't seem to find anything that would give me what I'm looking for.

Basically I'm looking to do this so I can have my workflow delete the site if it has not be touched in 180.  I know you can set this type of logic up in the central admin, but that is for site collections only, I have the need to delete a site based on inactivity on an individual site level.

I looked into the site data web service (Site Data Web Service ), but unfortunately the results of that service show the last modified date for all sites as of yesterday, which is not correct.  It also returns the results of each site in the farm, whereas I'm trying to find the last modified date for the site the workflow is in.

Outcomes