AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to resolve Error retrieving config xml for activity 'User Defined Action handler'

Question asked by arice on Apr 27, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 1, 2015 by arice

I have a workflow called 'RecognitionWorkflow' which I have been using successfully for over a year. However, recently, when I tried to edit the workflow, I receive the following error and can't see any of the activities that I know should be in the workflow:

Error retrieving config xml for activity 'User Defined Action handler' using adapter type Nintex.Workflow.UserDefinedActions.UserDefinedActionWrapperAdapter, Nintex.Workflow, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=913f5bae0ca5ae12.

The workflow still runs but I can no longer edit the workflow because of the above error.  I need to make changes to the workflow and don't want to have to re-write it from scratch.

I have made changes to the user defined actions that this workflow calls lately but all those changes were successfully republished. I can see all workflows using the most up to date version of the UDA when using the 'Analyze' action on the UDA.  However, when I look at the UDA and use the 'Analyze' action, I can see my problematic workflow listed as version 122 but the version that I see when I look at it through the form library I see version 119.

Screen Shot: The problematic workflow opening with the error message and no content (name is also showing up wrong)

Nintex_EmptyWorkflowUDAError.jpg

Screen Shot: Version shown when publishing the UDA

Nintex_UDAAnalyzeWorkflowVersion.jpg

Screen Shot: Version shown when viewing workflows on the Form Library directly

Nintex_LibraryLevelWorkflowVersion.jpg

Is there a way to resolve this problem so that I can edit my workflow?

Outcomes