AnsweredAssumed Answered

Nintex State Machine Workflow on a Document Set in SharePoint 2013

Question asked by ramkumar on Apr 22, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 5, 2015 by spfernando

Hello

I am trying to start a workflow on a document set. The Workflow is a state machine with 4 different states, It starts at State 1 and goes on to State 2 and 3 and so on. I have published this workflow to a document library in SP 2013 that uses Document Set Content Type and the workflow should trigger on the document set itself as opposed to documents inside the document set.

The Problem is, the workflow starts. The first state, just checks the content type(I have two different content types, both document set based) and assigns it to a variable, then it is supposed to move to State 2, however it is not doing that. I look at the workflow history and I see that it has completed the first state but it does not continue any further.

Any idea why? Is it because the workflow acts differently for a document set as opposed to a document itself. I have used this exact workflow with documents in a different library without any problem. So, I am thinking Document Set might be an issue but I am not sure.

Outcomes