AnsweredAssumed Answered

Newbie, problem updating managed metadata fields using Call Web Service Action

Question asked by tulip on Apr 15, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 by jflong

Hi All,

I am using SharePoint 2010.

I have a Document library with one content type from the Content type hub.  The Content type has 4 managed metadata fields.  I want to update those metadata fields.

I am using the Call Web Service Action.

This is the first time I have used this web service and am really a newbie with Nintex - so please bear with me.

I am starting small and trying to update only one of the metadata fields as a test.

My column is called Category Category  (I have looked at the internal name and it is Category_x0200_Category)

I understand I need to update the Taxonomy Note field too - which I think is the field Category Category_0 ( the internal name displayed for that is a GUID h9433f21298d47cdb84111a4e6adb06a)

 

I have tried a number of options for my SOAP (see below) - this works correctly...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<soap:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">

  <soap:Header>

  </soap:Header>

  <soap:Body>

    <m:UpdateListItems>

      <m:listName>{F4492B35-780B-437C-B1F4-0064D1FD3199}</m:listName>

<m:updates>      

          <Batch OnError="Continue" ListVersion="1" ViewName="">

            <Method ID="1" Cmd="Update">

              <Field Name="ID">1877</Field>

               <Field Name="TempWFStatus">

<![CDATA[{WorkflowVariable:Val_UpdateText}]]>

</Field>

          </Method>

</Batch>

</m:updates>

    </m:UpdateListItems>

  </soap:Body>

</soap:Envelope>

 

If I try and add the following

              <Field Name="Category Category"><![CDATA[{WorkflowVariable:Var_CategoryTxt}]]></Field>

               <Field Name="Category Category_0"><![CDATA[{WorkflowVariable:Var_CategoryText_0}]]></Field>              

 

OR the following

              <Field Name="Category_x0200_Category"><![CDATA[{WorkflowVariable:Var_CategoryTxt}]]></Field>

               <Field Name="{h9433f21298d47cdb84111a4e6adb06a}"><![CDATA[{WorkflowVariable:Var_CategoryText_0}]]></Field>

 

I get the error

            <ErrorCode>0x81020014</ErrorCode>

            <ErrorText>One or more field types are not installed properly. Go to the list settings page to delete these fields.</ErrorText>

The columns are coming from the content type and I believe are correct - so I really don't want to delete and re-add.

 

Could someone please point me in the correct direction.

 

Thank you.

Catharine

Outcomes