AnsweredAssumed Answered

Emailing Multi-selection choice fields results in Suspended workflow

Question asked by macereal on Apr 14, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 7, 2017 by tposzytek

Hi all,

I am working in O365 and have a simple list with a simple workflow.  Whenever the workflow runs, it quickly goes into a Suspended state.  From trouble shooting this, it seems to be a result of having a choice field in my list that is set to use Check Boxes (for multiple selections).  I am simply trying to get this sent in a email for the aprover to see what is requested. Below are some more details/error I am seeing.

I tried working with the Dictionary actions (must be new for O365) which did not seem to change anything.  Also just tried to set a variable and write that to the wf history.  Even just doing those two steps, it suspends forever.  Below is the error I see when I click on the icon next to the suspended verbiage in the history.  Something I am missing to get this to work?

RequestorId: ec765af3-ae09-1509-0000-000000000000. Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.InvalidCastException: The value 'd/results(0)/Product' cannot be read as type 'String'. at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.CheckedRead(String propertyName, DynamicItem value) at Microsoft.Activities.GetDynamicValueProperty`1.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity`1.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation) Exception from activity GetDynamicValueProperty<String> Sequence DynamicActivity<String> ToString FormatString Set Workflow Variable Sequence Flowchart iwxtest.WorkflowXaml_7041700d_0c47_4c66_9865_4728357dbf48

Any thoughts/help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Outcomes