AnsweredAssumed Answered

Copying items from either one list to another with similar fields or doing same within the same list.

Question asked by medincl on Apr 7, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2016 by cazza162

Here's what I'm trying to do.  One list has the Requests and the other list has Pending Availability.  Let's say were talking about cars and the request is for auto parts.  Once a car is available, it is added to the list with the Model, date of availability, and other fields that may describe the car.  I'd like to query the Requests list with a status of Active/Pending to see if anyone has requested this particular model.  If there is a match, they would all be sent a notification (flexi task) to approve or reject the appointment to come collect their request parts on the appointed date. An approval would initiate the action of copying the fields from their requests into the item so in the end we would have one line item in our Pending Availability list with all the parts that are being requested for the different requestors.  The workflow would also change the status of the Request item to Complete.

Now I know I this probably calls for a query list and For each action, but I'm really confused on how to set the variables, setting up the query and setting up the For Each action.  Could someone please help me out with this in more illustrated fashion? Thanks.

Outcomes