AnsweredAssumed Answered

Parsing Repeater XML

Question asked by janp on Mar 18, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2018 by mallickj

Hi,

 

I've been trying to read repeater xml following Vadim's blog at  http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-formsworkflow-parsing-repeating-section-data.aspx but I can't get it work correctly.

 

For test I have 3 fields - txtFirstName, txtLastName and txtAge (numeric)

The repeater is called repTest

 

I query get the FormData and use the inline function fn-XMLDecode and set it to a variable that I would then like to use XML Query on.

When I query that variable I can only seem get results if I use //repTest     (which is the name of the repeater control)

If I use any other XPath expression I don't get any results. (with the exception of node() and //*)

 

example:

 

Form Data
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version /><Items><Item><txtFirstName type="System.String">first</txtFirstName><txtLastName type="System.String">last</txtLastName><txtAge type="System.Int32">11</txtAge></Item><Item><txtFirstName type="System.String">first2</txtFirstName><txtLastName type="System.String">last2</txtLastName><txtAge type="System.Int32">22</txtAge></Item></Items></RepeaterData>

Decoded Form Data
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><RepeaterData><Version /><Items><Item><txtFirstName type="System.String">first</txtFirstName><txtLastName type="System.String">last</txtLastName><txtAge type="System.Int32">11</txtAge></Item><Item><txtFirstName type="System.String">first2</txtFirstName><txtLastName type="System.String">last2</txtLastName><txtAge type="System.Int32">22</txtAge></Item></Items></RepeaterData>

//repTest
firstlast11first2last222

//repTest//txtFirstName


//repTest/*

 

I've tried variations with //RepeaterData/Items/Item etc. (as per the xpath builder)

 

I've also tried just running a query on  the decoded xml document (just pasted the xml shown in "Decoded Form Data into the XML Query source) and XPath like //txtFirstName. This works fine.

 

I'm assuming I'm missing an in between step to get the XML properly formatted. I thought I was doing that by using the build string action and fn-XMLDecode but I'm not having any luck with it.

Outcomes