AnsweredAssumed Answered

Send notification for each list item record found with specific (dynamic) info from the list?

Question asked by jaypompano on Feb 26, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2015 by burkslm

Thank you in advance for any relpies.

I'm not sure if I have a permissions issue (locked out?) or I am not fully understanding how to perform the following:

Just trying to create a very basic training request workflow where 1. User submits a list item (training request) with their info (name, manager, date training requested, etc.) 2. I want to send out an automatic notification to them and their managers to notify them to schedule training. Obviously a manager has multiple employees, so I need to make that notification with specific information about the request.

I am able to detect the initial condition state (set to 'initial training request' radio button in the list), I am able to send the notification, but I can't figure out how to scrape the values off of the list item (name, manager, etc.). I think it's Insert Reference - Dynamic Text, but when I go there, the only options available to me are Common, and Inline Functions.

I'm not sure if I'm blocked by a permission, in the wrong place, or in the right place but need to build something out to access the values in the list item/record.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm wasting a ton of time manually doing this.

Outcomes