AnsweredAssumed Answered

Inline functions stops to work when nested

Question asked by anderslund on Feb 19, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 9, 2018 by ssatras

See updates to this post at the bottom

Hi,

Running:

Nintex Forms 2013 2.5.0.0 on prem.

First off, I haven't got a guide to reproduce this problem, but I have experienced it twice now, resulting in having to reset the form I'm working on to get it to work again.

I experience that nested inline functions stops to work. Here is an example of the latest occurrence:

Inline-fail-1.png

The default value is an IsMemeberOfGroup-function within an if-function.

I have seen this work, in the very same control, returning FALSE or SHOWALL. But suddenly, while working on another control, unrelated to this one, the results starts to be this:

Inline-fail-2.png

As you can see, the first "False" is the result of the IsMemeberOfGroup-function. But the if-function is just not being executed as it should be.

I have experienced this kind of behavior twice now. The only correlations between these two times (as far as I can think off) is:

• Nested inline functions.
  • Did not do work on the controls where it failed.
  • All controls with nested inline functions started to fail at the same time.
  • It happens both in preview and if I publish the form.

I have tried a couple of things, but because all nested inline functions started to fail at the same time in the form, I think it's related to the form as a whole. I have tried reloading the form, restarting the browser and restarted the computer. Deleting and recreating the controls does not give anything either. Only a reset of the form seems to help.

I have exported the form. If any Nintex employee wants to see it, they can contact me.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Anders

EDIT (19/2 13:24): Update: It seems that deleting the last control I was working on when it happened, makes all the other controls work again. Still no explanation on why it fails.

Outcomes