I need to create a workflow that will write some information to an Oracle 11g table. I am having an extremely difficult time simply connecting to the database from within the Nintex Execute SQL action.
Here is what I've done so far...
I have successfully downloaded and installed the Oracle 11g 64-bit client on my Web Front End. I know the client installation was successful because I was able to setup my TNSNames.ora file and by using SQLPlus, I am able to perform CRUD operations on the table I need to write to.
I have also used the Connection String Tester I found at Vadim Tabakman's blog here --> Connection String Tester - Vadim Tabakman
Using the tester I was able to once again connect and read from the Oracle table verifying my Connection String was correct.
Now here is my problem. When I fire up Nintex and use the Execute SQL, I am getting different error messages depending on the client that I have installed. I've tried several clients and several combinations and while I am able to get the connection working with SQLPlus and the Connection String Tester, I have not been able to connect from within the Nintex Action.
I have done the following:
- Installed 64bit Oracle client, getting this error: "BadImageFormatException. This will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed"
- Installed 32bit Oracle client, getting an error that says "OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater"
- Tried to install both clients, getting same error about requiring client version 8.1.7
- Found a blog post saying I should enable 32-Bit Applications to True for ASP.net in IIS but this brings down my whole site.
- Found a blog post saying I should install ODP.net (Oracle Data Provider) from ODAC (Oracle Data Access Components) but I'm back to requiring client version 8.7.1 error message.
- Found a blog post saying I should reset the security on the Oracle client home folder, I followed the steps but am still getting the same error message.
I am pulling my hair out on this one and could use your help. I forgot how many times I've installed and uninstalled the oracle clients. Has anyone here been able to successfully connect to an Oracle database?
I've spent 2 weeks on this and as I explained, everything works via SQLPlus and the connection string tester, but not from Nintex.