AnsweredAssumed Answered

ICustom task list refuses to work

Question asked by amccollough on Jan 26, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 by amccollough

I've got a business requirement to pull metrics on how long individuals are taking to reveiw items. This requirement exists for a number of workflows. To accomodate this, I created a custom content type, MyWorkflowTasks, based on a Task content type. I have added to this custom content type all the fields I see in a typical "WorkflowTasks" task list used by Nintex Workflow 2010. Also, I added a date/time column "End Date" which oddly enough isn't in the OOB "Tasks" list type.

I have created a new Tasks list, "MyTasks" and changed it to use the MyWorkflowTasks custom content type.

I have updated my workflow to use "MyTasks" as the task list, and republished the workflow.

When my workflow runs, though, it is erroring out, saying "The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information."

I've got verbose logging enabled, but unfortunately, that's all it tells me. No hint on which column is the culprit, just a notice that "I tried, I failed."

What I'm wondering is, will this work with a custom content type at all? Are there any examples out there?

Outcomes