AnsweredAssumed Answered

TO-DO Tasks - not auto-completing for additional assignees when "First Response Applies" is choosen

Question asked by brianh on Jan 19, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 21, 2015 by burkslm

Hi all,

I'm seeing some strange behavior in one of my site collections when TO-DO tasks are assigned to multiple users with the "First Response Applies" option selected.  Here's a screencap of a very simple test case:

to-do_task.PNG

The expertly blacked out name of the group above is a SharePoint group, let's call it, "Foo".  Foo has three members, when user 1 completes the assigned task, the tasks for the remaining users in Foo should be auto-completed with an outcome of "Not Required".  Instead, what I'm seeing is the following (Tasks not completed and outcome not set):

tasks_not_completing.PNG

So my first through was, oh timer job must be hosed.  However, that seems somewhat unlikely given the following behavior that I'm also seeing:

1) Task No Longer Required emails /are/ being delivered in a timely manner to members of Foo who should be having tasks cancelled

2) The exact same test is running fine on a different site collection in the same farm.

So, what gives?  Any thoughts on things I should be looking into?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Outcomes