AnsweredAssumed Answered

Web Request differences and XML responses

Question asked by nigelhertz on Sep 26, 2018

I have noticed that the "Web request" action is different between Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms (both on-prem, for SPS2013)

The web request action in Nintex Workflow allows me to specify GET, POST, SOAP 1.1, SOAP 1.2 etc, however the action in Nintex Forms only has GET and POST. 

Unfortunately I have been unable to get a web service from Dynamics NAV working with POST, which has resulted in me having to create a site workflow that queries Dynamics NAV (using SOAP 1.1) which saves all items to a list, and I then use lookup columns in the form to get the data I need. It's not an ideal workaround, but it does work - mostly. 

The issue I'm now having is I have to filter some of the results, however I can't figure out how to pull back more than 1 node in the XPATH query. Concat and join-string don't work at all. Using a "|" and adding to xpath queries brings the results back as different rows. 

My question is firstly, does anyone have any suggestions on how to populate a list from a web request with -essentially- and ID column and a Description column. Secondly, why is there such a difference in functionality between the action in Nintex Workflow and Nintex Forms?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Outcomes