AnsweredAssumed Answered

Choice Field and Lookup Field questions

Question asked by noahk on Aug 1, 2018

Hello, My company is currently migrating all of our SharePoint sites from 2010 to , and we now have Nintex forms to play with. 

My questions were three fold.

1) When a choice field is connected to a field in a list, is there a way to get rid of the "Specify Your Own Value" field in the responsive designer?

2) Looking for a workaround for creating an Item from a lookup field. Previously we used Quizcom choice fields for lookups in the 2010 version, but those are going away with the migration. One nice feature was that when we needed to perform a lookup from another list, we could create the object we wanted to lookup from that location, see pictures 1 and 2 where we are making a "delivery." I then click that funky "$Resources:hl_Add;" button (Thats a Internet Explorer error, the text normally says "Add") we create a new "Current Platform Name" selection. This then pops up to make a new Client Platform:

The user can make this Platform and then hit the save button, and then they have the ability to select that as their choice in the "Current Platform Name" field

In Nintex Forms there is no option to create a new Choice it seems, unless I sorely missed it. If there is a way to do this I would love to know, It would be a significant workflow change to make them have to make the 2 platforms and then come and do the delivery.

Thanks!

Noah

Outcomes