AnsweredAssumed Answered

Choice field outcome fails to validate other choice field

Question asked by bertjanvandersteeg on Jul 25, 2018
Latest reply on Jul 26, 2018 by jpmhuls

I have created a form which contains two choice fields (Type melding is A, Categorie is B) presented as radio buttons. Field A has 5 options (1=Audit, 2=Feedback, 3=Environment, etc.), field B has a different number of options, depending op which option was selected in field A. Obviously, the two choice fields are connected to fields in SharePoint that are related.

I want to make choice field B mandatory depending on the choice made in field A. When choice 1(Audit) or choice 2 (Feedback) was selected in field A, field B must be selected. When choice 3, 4 or 5 was selected, field B is optional.

This is the validation rule that I associated to field B which doesn't do what I expect it to do. It seems to me that the outcome of the choice in field A is somehow not picked up. Note that this rule only checks for one of the possible values, to keep it simple. I want to add the second value once I get this working

and(equals(FieldA,"Audit"),isNullOrEmpty({Self}))

I've also tried this, where I replaced the text string value of choice 1 with the numeric value

and(equals(FieldA,"1"),isNullOrEmpty({Self}))

Outcomes