AnsweredAssumed Answered

Query User Profile Workflow Action

Question asked by adamtobia5 on Jul 6, 2018

When using the Query User Profile workflow action, in a site workflow. I queried user profile by using a vartxtEmployeeNumber variable (value is 1234) to retrieve the user profile. If for example, a user profile in the Active Directory contained Employee Number 1234, it returned it successfully.

However, the result differed when using the Query User Profile workflow action in a UDA. It was configured the same. I queried user profile by using a vartxtEmployeeNumber variable (value is 1234) to retrieve the user profile. This time, the workflow action was not able to retrieve the user profile based on the Employee Number of 1234. Note, it works fine when I use a Set Variable workflow action, to apply a prefix in the vartxtEmployeeNumber variable before doing the Query User Profile workflow action. The prefix being "domain\1234"

My question, is there a difference or limitation or bug/gotcha to be aware of when using Query User Profile workflow action in a UDA vs. in a Workflow? Have you experienced the similar behaviour?

Outcomes