AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mobile App - Outbox items "stuck"

Question asked by janp on Jun 14, 2018

Hello,

It has been reported, that in certain instances, items in the Mobile App Outbox get stuck. This happens when a user changes their network password and forget to update their Nintex App Sign-In details.

They may accumulate ~10+ items in the Outbox.

Then, after updating their password in the Nintex App to correctly reflect the new network password, the items remain in the Outbox and do not get pushed out.

I have not been able to reproduce this personally but I've had reports from a number or users that this can happen.

I have seen a reference to this item that seems to deal with the same issue but it has no resolution.

We have Nintex 2013 with SharePoint 2013 on prem.

Along these lines, I'm curious if there's any way to indicate to the user that their network creds are invalid even if they do not log out of the app. (I'm aware that there's a red alert if you try to log in or if you refresh the forms)

Again, I've not had the issue as I tend to refresh my forms immediately upon entering the app, but some users won't refresh the app for months and being able to push an error message to them would help prevent late submissions (instances where field reports will sit in outbox for a few weeks because the user hasn't noticed they're not connected)

Thank you,

Outcomes