I'm looking for advice on how to handle a relatively complex requirement (related to approval of prices),
- Price Analyst uploads prices for approval
- Prices should be able to be uploaded massively (e.g. Excel)
- Prices are uploaded in "batches" or "sessions". Each batch contains several prices
- For the purpose of this exercise, it is ok to asume that each price will be single element in a list
- Price Analyst should be able to change prices after uploaded. If he made a mistake, supervisor should reject it
- Price Supervisor approves or rejects prices uploaded by Price Analyst
- Approvals are handled at "batch" level (approving prices on an individual basis takes a lot of time)
- Approvals are auditable, so once done, should not be possible to change
I think the challenge here is to implement these "batches" (master-detail relationship between batch and individual Price). Also, handling permissions to upload/approve but not change afterwards.
Any feedback on how to resolve this requirement (fully or partially) is greatly appreciated!