I am using a Build String action to create links to attachments to be used in a task form. I am basically following the steps I asked in this post way back when. However, when I follow the same steps in Nintex 2016, the workflow throws in a jumble of junk to the end of the hyperlink and it doesn't work. I am using the Rich Text action in the flexi task form instead of the multi-line text field (although that doesn't work, either). The process in order:
- User fills out form, attaches at least one attachment.
- Workflow gets the attachments from the form.
- Workflow loops through collection and creates URL to attachments.
- Workflow adds URL as a field in workflow task form so approver can view the attachments from the task form and not from the email notification.
The rich text field in my flexi task form:
I thought perhaps trying to create multiple links was the problem, but it still doesn't work with just one attachment. The hyperlinks I generated from the form attachments work. When I send myself an email, this is what I get:
This URL format doesn't work in the rich text field, either. When I use the links I create (red framed box in workflow screenshot), the workflow throws in a bunch of garbage at the end of the URL and it doesn't work:
This %3C and %3E are the brackets surrounding the HTML and the word "Attachments":
I played around with a few things.
1) using a regular expression to remove the characters (red box, previous screenshot)
2) connecting a field in the task form to the variable that holds the links
3) connecting a field on the task form to the field on the list after I had updated the item with the attachments variable
This works when there is just one attachment or on the very last attachment in the collection.
This is how I want it to look, but Attachment 1 and Attachment 2 still have the garbage at the end of the URL. Attachment 3 works just fine (and so does a single attachment).
The garbage gets thrown in at the end after the last build string action:
I'm not sure why this doesn't work. I've tried replacing the characters as "</attachment><attachment> and as "%3C/Attachment%3E%3CAttachment%3E" and no luck. Replacing the text only works on the last value in the variable. I tried it with a collection also.
a) Why is the workflow throwing in this garbage when I create my itemAttachments_multi variable to hold them all?
b) Why doesn't replacing the text with a regular expression work on all the data in the variable?