AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why would a flexitask seem to freeze/crash on a task outcome?

Question asked by jpmhuls on Mar 12, 2018

Today I got a notification that an approval workflow crashed. The task is (re)created in a loop as long a certain outcome is selected; the new task is created with a 1 week delay. Today I got a notification that for a user the workflow failed and was canceled. As it turned out it seemed to create a new task while the outcome of the previous instance was not yet processed (my interpretation). For another task for the same assignee all seems to work fine, even after 2-3 loops. But I did find 3rd task for the same assignee where the workflow is waiting since the 31/12/2017 after the user provided an outcome and comments. What this and the first mentioned seem to have in common is that the comments contain URL to a document somewhere on the internet. EDIT: I did find a task which also seems to be in-between states where no URL is included in the Comments, but despite a selected Outcome, it is still saying Pending .

Looking at the associated task(s) they have the status completed but Outcome is Pending.....

Can indeed a URL in the Flexi Task comment cause, occasionally, the workflow to freeze? Does anyone recognize this behavior, and even more, has an explanation/a solution to this? It seems that my issue resembles the one for Shruti Patrabansh's issue in "Workflow outcome showing Pending even when approved".

NB: I had a look at Christopher Arroyo's post "Flexi Tasks Cancelling for No Reason", but permissions doesn't seem to be the cause, as other workflows for the same assignee seem to work properly.

Anyone???????

Outcomes