I recently started experiencing problems with Workflows that get stuck at PAUSE action. Upon investigation I noticed that the Workflow Timer Job was getting hung at 0%. I followed this article to try and resolve the issue Tracking and Resolving Stuck Workflow Timer Jobs.
From the ULS logs I identified the WF instance ID but when I queried the Nintex Content DB the query did not bring any result.
I then went the the list where the workflow was running and directly searched for the workflow instance. I terminated the workflow and also deleted the item that the WF was running on. After this I deleted the configuration cache of the server that is running the stuck timer job. Unfortunately none of this resolved my issue. See below the snippet of the ULS