AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hide a form field based on multiple selections in a dropdown

Question asked by adugger on Jan 12, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2018 by adugger

Hello all.

I have a rather large work request form I have created with rules that hide/unhide fields based on what the user has selected (at least 30 rules), so I already have a basic understanding of how to hide fields. However, I'm having trouble with the following scenario on a dropdown.

I have a free text field called "Cost Code", that I only want to display to the user when they select "Furniture Request / Repair", " Janitorial Services", "Nameplate Request", and "Office Moves / Reconfiguration" on a dropdown, but keep the field hidden if the user selects something else (at least 20 selections available in this dropdown). I have no problems displaying the cost code field when the user selects one option. For example: (RequestTypeDropdown!='Furniture Request / Repair') works just fine for one selection.

If I add a second option in the condition using an Or statement or adding a single rule for each of the four selections (for example, four rules with the following syntax: RequestTypeDropdown != "Option"), it doesn't display the cost code field at all. I have tried the following to no avail:

RequestTypeDropdown != "Janitorial Services" || RequestTypeDropdown != "Nameplate Request" || RequestTypeDropdown != "Nameplate Request" || RequestTypeDropdown != "Nameplate Request"

I have also tried the following:

or(RequestTypeDropdown !="Janitorial Services", RequestTypeDropdown !="Nameplate Request")

Is there a simpler way to do this? Its likely I'm overthinking this and the solution is right in front of me. Working in SharePoint 2013.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Outcomes