AnsweredAssumed Answered

I have a nintex workflow that is used across multiple sites that when a new item is created in a list of one of the subsites it creates a new item in the master list at the root of the site collection.  The problem is, when the item is edited at the subsi

Question asked by tonyareznor on Jan 8, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 19, 2018 by hoffmank

I have a nintex workflow that is used across multiple sites that when a new item is created in a list of one of the subsites it creates a new item in the master list at the root of the site collection.  The problem is, when the item is edited at the subsite it creates a brand new item in the master list but what I need it to do is copy over the original. 

The workflow goes like this:

Run If: 

Condition - If any value equals value, Value "Update" is not empty

Create item in another site:

Site URL, List Name, Content Type - Item, Value - "Project Name", Value - "Update", List Lookup - "Week Ending".

The settings for the workflow are:

Start when new item is created and Start when items are modified.

This works exactly the way I wanted it too except  when the user at the subsite level edits an item in that list it creates a 2nd line item in the master list instead of copying over the first.

Can anyone tell me how I could prevent creating a new item and just copy over the first?

Outcomes