AnsweredAssumed Answered

LinkButton ReqField Validation Issue

Question asked by sebasnn86 on Nov 8, 2017

Hi, I'm trying to create our first Nintex Form, and was doing OK so far, but then I came across something I can't figure out.

In order to replicate the look & feel of our previous developments, I've created 4 "Save" buttons: 2 ImageButtons & 2 LinkButtons.

The list the form is attached to, has a couple of required fields. Of course, all 4 buttons "cause validation" and successfully validate that the fields are not empty.

However, when I click the link buttons the required fields are not highlighted (despite providing a message that points to the empty field) as the image buttons do.

Looking at the JS generated, the only real difference I can see, is that the link's are not getting a name ppty when rendering (the function WebForm_PostBackOptions uses a name apparently, or at least the image input does) so I thought I may have forgotten to use a name in the control, which I didn't.

I've looked around, but couldn't find anything like it (this was remotely similar: How to fire OOTB Nintex form validation using jQuery? still is not really the same, and has 0 replies).

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a property I'm not seeing within the controls?

Thanks!

Outcomes