I've proven my cascading dropdown works when it's item lists being used, but i would like to have cascading dropdowns in a task list and it does not seem to work. I'm thinking it has something to do with the content type but don't know what about it is getting in the way. i have a setup just like the one exampled here: Three-Tier Cascading Drop Downs: Do Go Chasing Waterfalls! except that the master list is a task list instead. still with lookups.
I'm currently just focused on getting one cascade to work so the third tier has no bearing now.
i've tried making all the lists used task lists thinking it was a content type miscompare type issue. no progress.
i've tried making a content type that had both item and task columns. no progress.
Please forgive me if this is a silly fix, i'm still pretty green working in sharepoint and nintex in general.