AnsweredAssumed Answered

Migration to SP2013, no upgrade for Site Collections yet

Question asked by octavie on Oct 14, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 30, 2014 by andrewg@intellinet.com

Hi,

I am migrating from SP2010 with Nintex Workflow 2010 to SP2013 with Nintex Workflow 2013. All web applications will be migrated to the new SP2013 farm using the db attach approach. First, all site collections are running in SP2010 mode and will gradually be upgraded to the SP2013 experience in due time. With all the solutions and Nintex Workflow 2013 installed I ran several Test-SPContentDatabase cmdlets for all the content databases. Some results came back with missing features for Nintex Workflow Enterprise features (such as reporting). When exploring the SharePoint 14 and 15 hive, I noticed that the NintexWorkflowEnterpriseFeatures.wsp has only been deployed in the 15 hive, while the NintexWorkflow.wsp has been installed in both hives. This explained the testresults of Test-SPContentDatabase.

The question is now: how to use the Nintex Workflow Enterprise features while the web applications are running in SharePoint 2010 mode? What is needed to accomplish this? Is it possible to install this WSP in the 14-hive as well? Will that be sufficient? Or just not possible?

grtz,

Octavie

Outcomes