AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hijack Document Check In

Question asked by carla1020 on Sep 26, 2017

Hi Nintex Warriors,

I have a document library that requires checkout on edit and allows saving major and minor versions.

My requirements are such that when a person updates a page and they publish or check in a major version, I need the workflow to "set a field value" for a single line of text field BEFORE the check in occurs AND prevent the major version check in (or publish) unless certain conditions are met.  The goal I'm trying to achieve is ensuring the changes are not made available to read only users until I say so.

The library also has content approval enabled.  There are multiple approvers so I am also hijacking the Approval Status value as needed.  I should also note that at this stage in the game, building a native Nintex request approval workflow is not in the cards

So with all that said...

I got familiar with the set approval status, check in and check out actions but my solution only allows me to take control of the process AFTER the publish occurs.  This of course is too late because the changes are made available at this point.  Not only that this process creates unnecessary versions.

Does anyone have any idea how I can prevent use Nintex Workflow to prevent check in of a major version (publish)?  If it helps, I'm using SharePoint 2013 on-prem.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes