I am trying to automate a paper approval process into a digital process using SharePoint, Nintex and E-signatures.
In a document library, I want to select multiple documents to package together into an approval workflow(Nintex). The package will be sent to a series of users that must all approve with E-signatures(Docu-Sign, E-Sign Live or any other E-signature that are partnered with Nintex).
I am not sure what is the best approach to this scenario. Please help me.
Ideally, I want users to simply:
- select the desired documents
- run workflow which will Email users a list of documents to review
- E-signature service will launch when document is selected
- Validation check to ensure documents are signed before workflow moves to the next approver
However, my concerns are:
1. How can you select multiple documents and start a Nintex workflow? I tried putting the desired files into a document set and starting the workflow from it, however I am not sure if this is the best approach. Zipping files is not an option.
2. How can the workflow validate that the document has been signed with an E-signature before moving to the next approver. If this question is better suited for the E-signature vendor, please let me know.