I was wondering if anyone has tried biulding a solution for mailroom automation with Nintex. I was given the task for creating one which includes:
- Register incoming mail - create a new item with a unique auto-incrementing number/string.
- Print the number/string to a barcode printer (barcode to be stuck onto the paper)
- Scan the paper to SharePoint (with the stuck barcode to be connected to the list item)
- Fill in additional metadata and route with a workflow.
- The receiver often needs to send back a reply so he must be able to create a new record/item for outgoing mail (in another list/library) which must have a "link" between them so that they are easily traceable.
The business process is not set in stone, so I am open to ideas on how you manage your incoming and outgoing (paper-based) mail.