AnsweredAssumed Answered

Strange cookie handling with web request action

Question asked by jweidhaase on Jul 24, 2017

Hi,

in my scenario I will contact a web service using web request action. The web service send 2 cookies for example. Those cookies I'would like to save in variables. This works fine only when the cookies don't have equal-sign (=) in the value part. The question is: why?

Cookies to be send are defined as <cookie-name>=<cookie-value> when they are send from the web server. As of the documentation of "Set-Cookie - HTTP | MDN" in the <cookie-value> the equal-sign (=) is allowed. 

Here I can give you screenshots of my example:

Picture 1:

Here you can see that the send cookie "mycookie1" contains the equal-sign in the value part (in green colour). 

As a result the cookie value can not be stored in an response cookie variable. Nintex gives "temp=" as a result of that.

The other cookie "mycookie2" will be processed correctly.

Picture 2:

As you can see: mycookie1 does not contain the equal sign in the cookie-value field (in green colour).

As a result the response cookies wil be processed correctly.

Does anyone know about that issue? As a workaround I can parse the response http-header and extract the cookie values by regex. 

But in my opinion it seems to be a bug as I would expect a correct cookie handling.

In my case I use Nintex Workflow 2013 Standard (3.2.3.0).

Thank you for any comments on that issue.

Jan Weidhaase

Outcomes