AnsweredAssumed Answered

Nintex Workflow Web request action credential

Question asked by wayne.shen on May 31, 2017

Hello Community Members,

I don't have any idea on what I am facing with web request action, please help:)

I have developed a custom web service with a simple method to read a text file data inside a shared folder and import the data to a SQL database, and then I created a site workflow and used web request action to call the web service to execute the method.

Everything works fine if I started the site workflow manually, but when I schedule the site workflow to make it run at a specific time, the web request response access denied. I have already grant the permissions of the shared folder to all the SharePoint service account and application pool account, but with no luck.

Following are my JSON result with error message:

{"GetSyncResultResult":"failed:System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\\\\sharedfolder\\data.txt' is denied.\u000d\u000a at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)\u000d\u000a at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)\u000d\u000a at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)\u000d\u000a at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)\u000d\u000a at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)\u000d\u000a at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding)\u000d\u000a at System.IO.File.InternalReadAllLines(String path, Encoding encoding)\u000d\u000a

Outcomes