AnsweredAssumed Answered

item-level permissions conflicting with workflow

Question asked by ohagas on May 25, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 5, 2017 by mlysgaard

I have built a Nintex vehicle request form with a simple manager approval workflow.

The problem I'm having is that the Approver (manager) is only able to approve the form if I select "create and edit all items" in the SharePoint list item-level permissions settings. This means that the Approver can see ALL items in the list. If I change this setting to "create items and edit items that were created by the user", then the Approver receives an error when he tries to approve the workflow task ("sorry something went wrong, an unexpected eror has occurred").

I cannot find a way around this. I tried adding a 'set item permissions' action in the workflow to assign the Approver 'approve' access on the current item, but the error still remains (even though this action does in fact change correctly update the item permissions).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched extensively though these discussions and cannot find a solution. (I have also give all users contribute access to the workflow task list in SharePoint, and ensured the subsite is published with all users having read access).

Thanks

Outcomes