AnsweredAssumed Answered

People field validation to exclude some users

Question asked by cmikhaiel on Apr 11, 2017
Latest reply on May 2, 2017 by cmikhaiel

I got a form where there is a people field that populates the current logged in user. The field/list gives permission to all authenticated users from AD to submit a form; however, we have some shared accounts which the users sometimes "forget" and login with it and submit the form with that shared account. I want to prevent that and we want them always to submit that form with their personal accounts. What I'm trying to do is have a validation rule on that people field (display) to run in runtime which will throw a message if it finds that the logged in user is actually member of a group (which includes all the shared accounts). The message is to tell them that they cannot submit that form with the shared account and they will need to re-login with their personal account. note that I still want the people field in display mode (not enabled) - if possible.

Note: Highly preferable to stay away from JavaScript. This is a mobile form as well which will probably fail (not validate and throw errors on some platforms) if there is any JS on that people field.

Outcomes