AnsweredAssumed Answered

Error in Workflow.aspx page for specific items

Question asked by ninya on Mar 23, 2017

Hello,

Since a month now I get an error page when clicking on Workflows (via ribbon or item’s menu) for specific documents in a library (/_layouts/15/Workflow.aspx) in Production server. NOT for all items.

• Environment: SharePoint 2013 on prem, Library with a Nintex List Workflow
  • All other pages work correctly (Workflow Status page, View Properties, Edit properties, View Workflow History…).
  • No lists, columns or Views are deleted.
  • I don’t encounter this issue in DEV (a few months old copy of production) and TEST server.
  • Permissions are correct in all related lists (Document library, Tasks), I personally use a site coll administrator account
  • Nintex Workflow History related to an item that has the error is deleted (from the NintexWorkflowHistory list).
  • Old Workflow History is partially purged.
  • Several older workflow versions are still active (with one or more instances ‘in Progress’). I’m not able to stop old running workflow instances and do a thorough clean up due to Business restrictions. I must wait till running workflows are completed in order to delete an older version. From time to time I do delete older versions of the workflow.
  • The task list has no items related to a document with the issue
  • The log file (filtered on correlation id) can be found attached.
  • The log file mentions ‘List does not exist.  The page you selected contains a list that does not exist.  It may have been deleted by another user.’ This list is a ‘hidden‘ default Workflows list containing all workflow config files. There is nothing wrong with this list
  • This issue seems to be related to unanswered question: Error when I click on Workflow 

Any help would be highly appreciated as I’m quite clueless with this issue.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Yannis

Attachments

Outcomes