When clicking on the title link in chrome, the associated Nintex form opens in view mode.
When I do the same using IE, the form opens in edit mode.
Is this some kind of default setting in each of the browsers?
Hi Joanne Morris,
I assume you mean the title link of an item in a SharePoint list. Is this correct?
And which version of Nintex Forms do you use?
Yes the item link. We are using 2010.
I have no access to Nintex Forms 2010 to try to reproduce your error, but what I can say is:
1. The default SharePoint behavior is that clicking on the link shows the display form.
2. In 2013 Chrome and Internet Explorer work the same (display form is shown).
3. There is no setting in Chrome/IE/SharePoint/Nintex Forms that for IE the editform should be shown and for chrome the display form.
What happens when you clear your cache in Internet Explorer, and is this behavior:
1. for all people with Internet Explorer or just you?
2. for all SharePoint lists or just one?
SharePoint 2010 in general was not very non-IE-friendly so I suggest you stick to IE while using it. SharePoint 2013 implemented a general support for Firefox, Chrome and others. Finally with SharePoint 2016 and Office 365 it doesn't really matter anymore what browser you use.
Retrieving data ...