AnsweredAssumed Answered

UK date format displayed in SharePoint, interpreted as US date format in Nintex

Question asked by tulip on Sep 10, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 21, 2017 by rhia

Hi All,

I am a Newbie to Nintex - this is my first workflow - and my 3rd question on this site regarding it. Apologies

In SharePoint our dates display in UK format i.e. day/month/year.  i.e. 01/10/2014 is first of October 2014.  When we do column calculations in SharePoint using the dates they work correctly.

I have a list which contains a start date and an end date.  I have queried that list and put the values into two date time variables Var_startdate and Var_enddate.  (Var_startdate and Var_enddate both have blank starting values).  I have created a Build a string item using an inline function to difference the two dates, and am getting VERY weird answers.

I have investigated further and found that if I do a fn-FormatDate(WorkflowVariable:Var_startdate},dd/MM/yyyy)  the value returned is 10/01/2014

If I create a variable with either Today's date or a Specified date as  default- those are interpreted correctly.

Is there a setting I need to change somewhere to tell Nintex that I am working with UK date format ?

Thank you.

Outcomes