for a customer using Nintex Workflow 2010 I would like to show an additional field on the default task form for a flexi task.
What I've done so far:
- Created a new site column of type number. Let's call it "NumberOfDays"
- Created a new content type inheriting from Nintex Workflow Multi Outcome Task
- Added my new site column to this content type
- Made sure the content type is available in the Workflow Tasks list
- Changed my flexi task to use the new content type
Now I would like to show my new "NumberOfDays" field on the task form, to collect additional information while a person approves/rejects.
- No Nintex Forms
- No InfoPath
- No VisualStudio
As a workaround I could:
- Let the users enter the information dircetly in the comments box - Bad, because I'd need some regex afterwards and a lot of trust in the users always providing the correct format
- Use an additional "Request Data" action to get the number of days via an additional task - Bad, because another task form needs to be opened and filled out
Does anyone have an idea how to customize that default task form to show an additional field without manipulating aspx-files directly in SharePoint-Designer?
Thanks in advance!