bsmith

Formatting Rule on Panel works in "Desktop" but notin "Nintex Mobile Phone" layout on Android

Discussion created by bsmith on Jan 25, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 26, 2017 by emha

Started here Hi -- is it possible that formatting rules do not work in Nintex Mobile Phone form layouts?  I have a form with formatting rules that work fine in every layout other than in Nintex Mobile Phone layouts. , but moved to this new thread.

Thanks Marian, setting up some control tests was a great idea (one that I should've tried sooner as part of troubleshooting 101 )

I have the opposite problem and feel like I'm chasing my tail.  Actually writing it out here helped me highlight a possible difference between Choice and Single Line Textbox controls...

I have a Formatting Rule on a Panel that works fine in "Desktop" layout, but does not work in "Nintex Mobile Phone" layout on a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 running Android 6.0.1 with Nintex Mobile App v4.4.4.

The original rule that works on the Desktop layout is:

or(isNullOrEmpty(namedControlChoiceName), not(equals(namedControlChoiceName, "choice column string name")))

then hide a panel with 2 controls, but that doesn't work on the Nintex Mobile Phone layout.

A simplified rule that also works on the Desktop layout is:

isNullOrEmpty(namedControlChoiceName)

then hide a panel with 2 controls, but that doesn't work on the Nintex Mobile Phone layout either.

To try and get a baseline I also created a new panel with just a label in it, in just the Nintex Mobile Phone layout, and a simplified rule of:

contains(namedControlSingleLineTextboxName, "1")

and that actually does work!

Does anyone know if this a limitation of Choice controls in the Nintex Mobile Phone layout in general, or just for Android?  Or is there still something I'm missing??  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Marian Hatala

Marian Hatala Champion@ Bruce Smith on Jan 25, 2017 12:46 AM

first, I would encourage you to create a separate question thread for your isuue.

it might have different reason and so different resolution then one questioned originally here. so it miaght become confusing for later readers what applies to what.

secondly, is it really choice field/control you use? isn't it lookup?

people tend to mix the two being unaware differences how use them in rules/formulas.

have you tried to apply that 101st troubleshooting rule on your case and created calc value control with formula set just to 'namedControlChoiceName' to proof check how does it actually evaluate?

Outcomes