AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lookup from row replication data to related record

Question asked by drawlooper on Jan 12, 2017

I am building a document using three Salesforce objects.  Object A is Account.  Object B is a custom object that we call a Deal.  Object C is another custom object that relates Accounts to Deals, (let's call it a Deal Opportunity).  For example, Deal Opportunity 1 relates Account A to Deal 1; Deal Opportunity 2 relates Account A to Deal 2; and Deal Opportunity 3 relates Account A to Deal 3.

The document I am trying to generate uses Account as its base object.  In the document, I generate a table of data that includes one row for each Deal Opportunity record that is related to that account.  This works properly, and I get a table consisting of the data I need on each Deal Opportunity related to the Account for which I'm generating the report.

Here's the problem: I need each row of the table to include some data that is only present on the Deal record.  When I generate the table, this is what I get:

Account A

Deal Opportunity 1 Data   |   Deal 1 Data

Deal Opportunity 2 Data   |   Deal 1 Data

Deal Opportunity 3 Data   |   Deal 1 Data

What I need is the following:

Account A

Deal Opportunity 1 Data   |   Deal 1 Data

Deal Opportunity 2 Data   |   Deal 2 Data

Deal Opportunity 3 Data   |   Deal 3 Data

How can I set up my template so that the lookup to the Deal data properly changes properly as the rows change?

Thanks!

Outcomes