What I want to do
- Query another list in the same site
- Get all the users in a single people or group field, get the email addresses of those users
- Save the email addresses in a string separated by a delimiter.
- Append another email address to the above string
- Save the string of email addresses to another people or group field in the same list (on which the workflow is running on)
What I am able to do
1. Query another list in the same site using Query list action
2. Get a list of email addresses in the people or group field. What I get is JSON
3. Get the first item from the above collection which returns a dictionary
What I am not able to do
Get the email addresses in the dictionary into a string separated by a delimiter
I have a Query list action not Office 365 Query list action but a simple Query list action that gets data from the same site in a different list. The field I select is a people or group field which only returns people information. In my action the with property is set to work email and this is the JSON I get
From what I can tell
1. I have a collection
2. In the first index of the collection I have a dictionary with a key "Pool_x0020_Access_x0020_Users"
3. The value of the dictionary is another collection
I can use a get item from collection action to get the following JSON (after I log the output in a log to history action)
Now I have a dictionary.
It would make sense to use get value from a dictionary action by passing the key "Pool_x0020_Access_x0020_Users" and storing the result in a collection and this is where my workflow fails.
How do I get a value from a dictionary which happens to be a collection? It is a collection, right?
What I want?
Is the actual email addresses. I want them in a string separated by a delimited so I can append another email address to this string and save the final result in another people or group field.