dbonsma

Nintex Workflow 2010 and SharePoint Timer

Discussion created by dbonsma on Jan 10, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 by murphybp2

I am using Nintex Workflow 2010 Standard, version 2.4.7.10.  I have a state machine workflow (expense approval) with 7 states which works great, however I have a question about how this interacts with the SharePoint timer process.  Moving from the initial state in the workflow takes up to 5 minutes (the timer interval setting), however most of the other states transition almost immediately.  After a fair bit of editing, and adding a 7-task flexi task action to the 5th state in the workflow, now this 5th state also seems to trigger the SharePoint timer and takes close to 5 minutes to run, while the other states continue to run immediately.

Can anyone tell me, or point me to documentation, which describes how the state machine workflow interacts with the SharePoint timer process?  Is it the case that as the workflow gets larger it will trigger the timer process more often?  Is there a way to recompile, or re-optimize a workflow in order to minimize the number of times it triggers the timer process?

Thanks for any info!

Outcomes