AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sending repeating attachments in notification action

Question asked by kyeguy on Dec 2, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2017 by rhia

I've looked around but haven't been able to find a solution to the specific issue I've been having. 

The short version, I've been trying to send attachments from a repeating section in InfoPath through a nintex send notification action. 

The long version, I'm needing to create a way in SharePoint for someone to enter a dynamic number of attachments for a single account, then have a workflow send all of those attachments in an email as well as other information. I've been able to create a repeating section that contains an attachment field in infopath, but can't get it to upload to a sharepoint list since it only wants to count the attachments instead of uploading them. From what I've gathered from a comment on this post, multiple documents can be added to an email in nintex if they are all added to a string and the string is uploaded. I also know that attachments are saved as encoded parts of the infopath form they are uploaded to instead of as individual files themselves(numbers four and five in this link). So the pieces are kind of there, but I can't figure out how to get them to fit together or find the connecting piece. 

Is there a way to decode the files in infopath, make them accessible to nintex, then send them in an email?

I've seen Zakaria Chibi's post about a similar situation, but the solution hasn't worked. If this should be asked and possibly answered elsewhere, then a point in the right direction would be just as welcome as a solution. 

Thank you in advance to anyone who ponders over my query. 

Outcomes