AnsweredAssumed Answered

Workflow error through StartWorkflowAuto.aspx interface

Question asked by james1marshall@hsbc.com on Nov 29, 2016

We have a list workflow which for testing purposes we’ve simplified to just a set variable, send notification and an update item operation.  When called manually from the list, all three operations work correctly.  However, when called through the StartWorkflowAuto.aspx interface, the update item operation does not work and we receive a workflow error notification with the error message ‘The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information.’.  Except for the update item operation, all other operations I’ve tried work fine through both approaches.  The details of the workflow and invocation are below; any ideas why this would not work through the StartWorkflowAuto.aspx interface?

Platform / Version

SharePoint 2013 and Nintex 2013

Workflow Settings

Workflow on a list called RepositoryRW

Form Type set to Custom and Start Page set to nothing (To prevent the SharePoint workflow startup screen)

Variable called ‘vRepositoryId’ of type Integer

Workflow

1. Set variable vRepositoryId to a list lookup with a source of the current item and the field of RepositoryId
  2. Send a notification with the value of the variable vRepositoryId (Works fine and sends me the correct value)
  3. Update list Repository set Status field to Green (drop down value) where RepositoryId = vRepositoryId

StartWorkflowAuto.aspx invocation

https://<SharePoint Site>/_layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/StartWorkflowAuto.aspx?List={EDB9C053-AE71-4668-8EEB-F4FA6004C7B2}&ID=30&WorkflowName=Submit Review&AssociationName=Submit Review

I’ve tried reducing the length of the URL, codifying the spaces and braces, and have double checked the list id; all with no success.

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks,

James

Outcomes