I have a list lookup in my form that I already have data for some records. How do I get the form to display and use the data thats already there. My form uses a simple location name. The lookup field would have the same exact data.
could you clarify your requirements and current setup in more details?
it's clear what exactly you want to achieve and what's the problem.
lookup control if properly configured should automatically populate with all the items from refereed list.
however, nintex doesn't provide an easy way how to setup it's default value. is that your problem?
I have a sharepoint list pre-populated with items. I am wanting the user to have a drop down list lookup to change the location name in cases where they need to change the location. The problem I am having is list lookup is not showing whats already saved. Its as if its a new record. Currently using version form version 184.108.40.206
I'm sorry, it's still too less details to provide any sensefull response.
I just guess, it's in edit form and you want to update existing item, right?
from your little information I expect
- you have lookup column defined in list
- you have lookup control on form connected to that that list column
- your existing list items were created with the same form and the lookup column is in correct format and correctly resolves reference to locations list in list view
if all the above is correct, could you clarify
- do you have sufficient permission on location list and its items
- does lookup control populates with values from location list but do not sets to existing list item value or is is completely empty
- do you have any filters or views configured for the lookup control
- is the lookup cascaded with other lookups
if you could provide any screenshot of your configuration and what you exactly experience, it would be very helpful!
I have tried this option to display the data and it does not show the data, it seems the nintex form is storing the data in the form and not really reflecting the data in the list. It works if it is a normal text field and text box but not for lookup control.
Retrieving data ...