AnsweredAssumed Answered

Set Field Value Error

Question asked by steph1173 on Oct 27, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 28, 2016 by burkslm

I created a workflow and was working perfectly until I added the "Set field value" to my workflow.  The reason I added it is because in the conditions there is a empty single line of text field that I am looking at if that field is empty then it should run the workflow along with a couple of other conditions.  The "Set field value" at the end of my workflow updates that empty field with the word "sent" that way it won't run again if someone comes back to edit the document.  The document library is set that you have to check out the document to edit so I checked out the documents, update the fields necessary for the workflow to kick off, then check the document back in but then get the following message.  Any ideas of what is happening?

The error message I receives is as follows: The workflow could not update the item, possibly because one or more columns for the item require a different type of information.

Outcome: The workflow operation failed because the action requires the document to be checked out.

Outcomes