AnsweredAssumed Answered

Move Lookup Column To Text Column

Question asked by burkslm on Oct 18, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 by burkslm

This issue is really getting on my nerves because it makes no sense at all!!!!! I am using Nintex Workflow and SharePoint 2013. This should be a simple thing but as always simple things never turn out simple.

I have some columns in a list that are copied to a list in another site based on certain circumstances. One of those columns is a lookup. It worked fine. Well I needed another lookup column copied to that same list in the other site. This should be simple because it is currently working I just need this other one to do the same thing. Now in the source list it is a lookup and the target list is a string/text. Again, there is no problem with the one lookup. When I try to make the other column do the same thing it doesn't work. I get an error message that says something "Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type". Keep in mind, it wasn't doing it with the other lookup and I have it working the same way. I even have it doing it the same way in the "Create item in another site" action. I even went to another area where I play and test things. I made a lookup value copy to a text/string in another list - no error!!!! Someone please tell me what's wrong with this thing before I get a sledge hammer!!! :O

Outcomes